Digital Hand-held "Pocket" Refractometer
A new ergonomic design for comfort and ease of use!
(Model No: PAL-1)
The PAL-1 works perfectly in measuring almost any fruit juice, food, or drink, such as soup, sauce, ketchup, tomato sauce, low-sugar jam, or marmalade. PAL series comes with Data Transmission Function with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology. Data history can be accessed by bringing PAL-NFC to any Android devices or PC-linked USB NFC Reader.
In pursuit of an "easy to use" , "easy to operate" and ergonomic architecture of new instruments, ATAGO has achieved a "palmfitting" masterpiece as well as unit that is high in hygienic properties. By reducing the number of unnecessary assembly parts, we have reduced the risks of a germ reproductive environment. Through our efforts to produce a hygienic instrument to be used in any industry, these units are designed to be completely washable. The new PAL series has been approved by the HACCP, and are equipped with the new ELI feature, which ensures accurate measurements - even outdoors. Requests from our customers worldwide are reflected in the development of the new PAL units.
The Brix level is the percentage of solids present in the juice of a plant. These solids are mostly made up of sugar and minerals. Just squeeze the item till you get a drop of juice, then use a Refractometer to test it's brix level.
One degree Brix is equal to 1 gram of sucrose in 100 grams of solution, which is equal to 1 % Brix. Therefore, there is no difference between them, in this case 1 ºBrix = 1 % Brix (weight / weight). A Brix meter/Refractometer is the simplest and most accurate tool to measure Brix. The °Brix values are important because they can be measured objectively and they relate to a subjective criterion that buyers and eaters use to assess vegetable quality - flavor or sweetness.
- Extremely water resistant (IP65)
- Can be washed under running water
- Will float if accidentally dropped in water
- Ergonomically designed for one-handed operation
- The innovative design makes it easy to pour out and remove a sample, but difficult to spill the sample.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Temperature display
- Measurement temperature up to 100℃
- Revolutionary new External Light interference (ELI) feature
- When intense light penetrates the prism of a digital refractometer, the light waves interfere with the sensor, which may lead to inaccurate measurements. To ensure accurate measurement results, the PAL is programmed with the ELI function which displays the [nnn] warning message when intense direct light is detected. Forming a habit of shading the sample stage with your hand and re-pressing the START key (when the warning message from the ELI function is displayed) will ensure accurate measurement results each time.
- Model: PAL-1
- Range: 0.0 to 53.0%
- Resolution: 0.1%
- Accuracy: ± 0.2%
- Range: 10.0 to 100°C
- Resolution: 0.1°C
- Accuracy: ±1°C
- Temperature compensation range: 10 to 100°C (Automatic Temperature Compensation)
- Ambient Temperature: 10 to 40°C
- Output: NFC Forum Type 4 Tag, ISO/IEC 14443 Type A
- Maximum number of data history: 100
- Output item: Date Time, Brix[%], Temp[degC]
- Sample Volume: 0.3mL
- Measurement Time: 3 seconds
- Power Supply: 2 × AAA alkaline battery (excluded)
- Battery Life: Approx. 11,000 times measurement (when alkaline batteries are used)
- International Protection Class: P65 Dust-tight and Protected against water jets.
- Dimensions & Weight: 5.5×3.1×10.9cm, 100g
Options: For Calibration Certificate, please contact an ATAGO representative for details.
All ATAGO refractometers are designed and manufactured in Japan
ATAGO products comply with HACCP, GMP, and GLP system standards.
Patent for Invention Registration No. ZL200310103015.2 (China)
Patent for Design Registration No. ZL03303431.1 (China), 089244 (Taiwan)
Patent Granted in countries around the world.