The Smartest Multi-Sensor IoT Device
with LCD Display & Soil Probe
2.4GHz WIFI and SIM Version
~ Temperature, Humidity, Light Level,
Soil Temperature & Moisture ~
(Model No.: WS1-Pro-SIM+Soil)
WiFi and Mobile Network model: The device can connect to both 2.4GHz WiFi router network and mobile GPRS/3G/4G networking using a SIM card. (SIM card is not provided).
The UbiBot ® WS1 Pro is a state-of-the-art environmental monitoring system that leverages the latest IoT technologies. Collect environmental data in real-time and automatically sync all the data to the UbiBot ®IoT Platform using the built-in GPRS/3G/4G and WiFi. The clear 4.4’’ screen allows you to instantly view the latest data. You can also access your device readings in real-time via our App or using a browser anywhere in the world. The embedded RS485 interface ensures your use of an external probe in the most extreme conditions.
Our cloud-based IoT platform offers advanced data analysis and management. It also allows you to setup real-time notifications - if a metric goes outside the range you specify, the platform will notify you through the app, by email, SMS text, voice call, and HTTP, allowing you to respond promptly before costly damage happens. Please note, charges may apply to SMS text and voice call alert modes. These two modes cost the balance of the credits in your account. The IoT platform gives users access to both the real-time data and history via our mobile app or on any browser. We are now working with IFTTT (if this then that), allowing you to build a custom link with other smart devices.
The device can store over 300,000 records in its internal memory, which can protect your data against network failure. Even if the network fails, the UbiBot WS1 Pro still stores readings, thus ensuring there are no gaps in the data history.
The data sync interval can be set by you. This allows you to balance battery life against the frequency of data capture. With the default data sync interval of 15 minutes, using a WiFi connection, the device has a battery life of up to 4- 6 months using 4 AA alkaline batteries.
This UbiBot WS1 Pro set come with external Soil Temperature and Moisture Probe:
- Free App & email alerts
- Instant data visualization via an LCD screen
- Data sync via WiFi & SIM connectivity
- 24/7 temperature & humidity monitoring
- Battery-powered, place it anywhere
- Easy 3-minute setup
- Customise alert settings
- No hub required
- Online real-time detecting temperature, humidity and light level
- Wine Cellar
- Animal Breeding Warehouse
- Server Room
UbiBot WS1 Pro Specification:
- Range: -20℃ to 60℃ (-4℉ to 140℉)
- Accuracy: ±0.3℃
- Range: 0% to 100%
- Accuracy: ±3%RH
- Light Level
- Range: 0 to 83,000 lux
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Memory: >300,000 sensor records
- WiFi Specifications: 2.4GHz, channels 1-13 (5GHz WiFi NOT supported)
- Mobile Networks: Supports GPRS/3G/4G (micro SIM). SIM card is not provided.
- Type of SIM Card: Micro SIM card
- Screen Size: 10.4 × 5cm (4.4’’)
- Ports: 2 x Micro USB
- External Probe: Supports DS18B20 probe (optional extra)
- Colour: White
- Material: Flame-resistant ABS+PC
- Power Source: 4 x AA batteries / Micro USB (5V/2A)
- Battery Life: 4-6 months (WiFi only), 1-2 months (WiFi and SIM), 1-4 weeks (SIM)*
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 8.6 x 2.25 cm
- Weight: 143g ± 3g
*The quoted battery life was tested using VARTA industrial batteries under stable signal conditions with default synchronisation and sampling settings.
Soil Probe Specification:
- Soil Temperature
- Range: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.5℃
- Soil Moisture Range
- Range: 0 ~ 100%
- Accuracy: ±3%(0-50%); ±5%(>50%)
- Measuring Theory: Frequency Domain (FDR)
- Output interface: RS485
- Communication Protocol: Modbus
- Steel Probe Length: 80mm
- Probe Diameter: Φ3.5mm
- Length of Cable: 3 meters
- Body Material: ABS
- Probe Material: Stainless Steel
- Connector: Micro USB
- Power Supply Rang: DC 5V to 12V
- Storage Condition: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- 1 x WS1 Pro device
- 1 x Soil probe
- 1 x manual book
- 1 x USB cable (1m)
- 1 x stand
- 1 x 5V/2A Micro USB Adapter (UK plug with Singapore Safety Mark)
1. Does the device collect data when the network is unavailable?
Yes. The device continues to monitor the environment even when no network is available. It stores the data in its on-device memory and will sync it when you move it to a WiFi environment. Alternatively, you can manually export the data via our PC Offline Tool or WiFi AP. For this version, you can insert a Micro SIM card as a backup for the WiFi unavailable situations.
2. How to reset the device when my WiFi router password is changed?
Repeat the device setup steps and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: you need to type in the new WiFi password. All your data are kept unchanged when you changed the WiFi password or even you move the device to a new location.
3. What kind of probe can be connected with the device?
The WS1 Pro supports 2 x DS18B20 temperature probe. The embedded RS485 interface allows soil temperature & humidity probe as well as environment temperature & humidity probe to be connected.
4. Is there any subscription fee for using the platform?
There is no need for a subscription to use the UbiBot Platform.
- Each device comes with the free plan on UbiBot platform that offers 200MB storage and 1GB outbound traffic. The 200MB storage is for lifetime and 1GB of outbound traffic is rotated monthly for each device. But any balance of the outbound traffic will not roll over to the next month. For example, if you have 500 MB outbound traffic unused this month, you still have 1 GB next month.
- The free 200MB storage is enough to store over 2 years amount of data in case your device takes temperature, humidity, and light sensor readings every 10 minutes.
5. How long will the batteries last?
With the default sync interval of 15 minutes, the device has a battery life of up to 4-6 months in the WiFi-only mode using 4 AA alkaline batteries. When in the SIM card mode, the batteries can last up to 1-2 months. It last shorter in duration with external probe.